Saturday, May 06, 2006

at this moment..

I have officially been pissed for close to 20 hours. slept 14 hours of my day away, and also splurged an obscene amount of money on the (v.) impending (doom which awaits me in the form of) mother's day.

I have officially checked out the Motorola E1070, Samsung Z500 (again. despite having already test-'drove' it once), the n6280, and spent a rather perverse amount of time trying to catch the little Moto-snitch on a website.

I have officially stoned over Smart Mobs (Rheingold, 2001), tsk-tsked at a few of the write-ups featured in the TIME100 (which I've even taken particular note to clichés and corny sentences), and drank a diabetes-inducing amount of Pepsi.

I have officially stared at JCMC's website for the past hour, played games online the entire night till I felt too tired to continue, and stuffed enough Kleenex into my nose to diagnose myself a victim of an (v.) imminent flu.

I have officially indulged my exhibitionist and voyeuristic tendencies numerous times in the last 24 hours, and even checked out Innertube.

I have officially listened to Lyd talk about Razor Ramon (HG), played with the new telly i conveniently 'stole' from my aunt's house, and figured out how I could convincingly (by a mile) convince my mom to get me the Bohemia Piano I want, soon.

All these I did online during my daily tryst with my NEC laptop.

.
.
.
.
.

Then comes the major reality check..

I have yet to start writing for my proposal, due this coming Friday. I am so, so, so dead..

I've conveniently spent part of my life listening to parents gripe. Especially when the Internet was introduced and me, my generation started logging online and chocking up Internet and phone charges which parents would take out to compare over dinner each week.

Conversations would-most times when the Internet is brought up- go like this:
Whoever said technology was all good?! It's just a bloody capistalist's scheme to suck you into the web and then create an evelope of turmoil in your life as you sink into remorse for wasting your time doing hardly an inch of work as you snake your way through the Internet and merge into obscurity and anonymity with the millions of other web-users.

Okay, I've merely rephrased everything they've said into my own words. But the essence is still there (I hope), since it's too problematic trying to rephrase the (long-winded, and super naggy) parents' gripes about something their generation had to accept is the key of the future.

But being a firm believer in technology and an early adopter of the Internet (since I sneakily used my uncle's while he was out to work as a kid), I do believe that it is a necessary evil to making my life better.

After all, I've never known life without a phone (though I still know how it feels like writing a letter-painful), or even travelling on a ship (Sailing is more than enough to make me sick of the sea, thank you very much. Most of you would just go for cruises. But a ride on Queen Mary II would be a totally different story for me when the time comes), or even one without a telly and a radio to tune into.

I can use my handphone to get online and find out what time a particular movie is showing at Cathay, and I can even plan my movie-going days in advanced with their comprehensive search engine. I don't need to read cheap, tasteless prints as I can go online and find others which offer an alternative viewpoint. I can calculate how many miles I've ran and check out the best running routes even before I start running..

Now, now you know why I'm such a firm believer of technology. It's made my life better (and I can chat for as long as I want with free incoming calls!).

It's time to get back to figuring out how the proposal will look by the time Friday comes around. With a little help from my iTunes of course.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm officially pissed with last sat's karaoke. It took 3 days for me to get pissed. OMG must be the thing coming late sia.

12:18 AM  
Blogger chezspaz said...

well. next time do tell me. and i'll advance being pissed for you.. like how i can always help delay disappointment. hahahah!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home