Friday, August 12, 2005

you don't have to agree but you have to accept it.

you never know what you're gonna miss till you completely lose it.

my aunt's trying to deport her maid. yes. DEPORT. i need to use this cruel, unhumanistic word because i somewhat do not agree with how she's doing things.

i have my very 'look this is the 21st century. all humans Have rights. so you bloody hell give her hers' opinions whereas the adults have theirs.

having spent the night with all of them, as they tried to rationalize my thoughts and convince me that whatever they say and will be doing would be in the best interest of all parties. it must be said, that i still do not agree completely with their opinions.

but like the saying goes, you do not have to agree with the decision, but you have to respect it. so i do. i have to. i don't have a choice do i? unless i can hire the maid and keep her under my shelter.

which may lead to problem no. 2...

would my aunt be happy with my decision? she is afterall, still the maid's employer. and would eventually be, previous employer.

yes, the maid may be made out to be dangerous. but i've got a good feeling about her. for the 8 years that she's been welcomed into our extended family, i may not have spoken much to her. But i have been observant of her.

i suss people out. that's basically what i've been trained to do since primary school. it was a survival technique. and at this point it has come to be of benefit that the maid is in fact a good person.

she does not cheat, nor steal, nor have caused us any harm. she does not lie, nor act sneaky, nor tried to suck up to anyone( trust me there are those who do).

she's always helped us, been nice to us, and treated all my cousins as if they were her own siblings. nobody asked of her to be kind, or generous, or giving. it came from within. and that mattered.

indeed, circumstances have made it difficult for some to see beyond what's going on now. to look deeply into the past and realize that goodness in her. all the qualities that she possess.

i keep fighting a losing battle. explaining the issues of rights, of one's moral convictions, and questioning everyone with 'what if it were your child?' kind of questions.

at times like these, i just need to realize that my opinions aren't sort after. for after all, i'm but a nobody who needs to learn to ascribe to the hierarchical system and learn to put myself and my words and idealism in place.

it was a battle well fought for i heard myself truly, speaking from the depths of my heart. and i've given my best to argue my every opinion. whether the adults liked it or not.

thank you for all your time.

~i feel God every hour, every minute, every second of my day. and i'm glad He's keeping me blessed.~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home