Tuesday, January 17, 2006

contemplative..

and here i am. at 1058hours. wait, isn't it supposed to be my PR management class right now?

oh. but there's good reason to skip it. i've officially finished all by articles (-1).

some kind of efficiency streak that possessed me over the weekend.

transcripts? check.
sb day? check.
i not stupid too? check.
launch? CHECK CHECK CHECK! *evil laughter*

so transcripting of the entire interviewing was completed on saturday evening. truth be told? i felt so accomplished until i came to the editting bits. trying to string everything into grammatical correct sentences, without the er.. and ah.. and ohh.. was well, pretty taxing on me. :)

but i enjoyed the experience nonetheless.

over the weekend, i started questioning myself about what i truly saw myself doing in future. whether this was the kind of life i wanted to lead.

it's fun really. writing, that is. you get to meet loads of people, get to write and see things from different perspectives.

but you see certain ugly things. like how people are evasive and all. that's scary. and why do what you want to do if you cant fulfill the duty to question the truth?

i contemplated copywriting. always having fun with slogans and taglines and the little details. but after you've been told like every single time you bring up the issue of trying to get your work recognised, and told by one of your best friends you're far less creative than this and that person ( and more than 80% of the population). you kind of get the message.

well i did get the message. perhaps copywriting isn't the way to go. despite the numerous coercion by others to give it a serious thought.

perhaps. someday. then.

maybe i'll just be a little advertising executive. that would allow me to be out most of the time right? not confined to the desk? and i will get doors slammed into my face. guess that's the quickest way to becoming thick skinned.

maybe it's just good to stick to writing.

but i like meeting people. and talking to people.

perhaps PR's the way to go. but the ft says that it's easy for anyone to pick an argument with me. and i reckon that won't make me too good a PR person. honestly, i wouldn't want to lose my job after one day.

what else can i do? i dont know. maybe i'm a wee bit good at editting. mr J. gave me an A for that trailer thing. go on. laugh. the non techy-savvy malau got an A for using premiere to do editting.

there's always events management. or being a coordinator in some music company or something. but i'm crap at web publishing. so i dont think that's the way to go..

hmmm..

honestly i have no idea what i'm realy good at. perhaps i shall stick to my earlier resolve when someone asked me what my ideal job would be.

being rather irritated by too much questions, i said: the one that pays me the most. gets me to my goal at the fastest time.

makes me quite an arse really. but eh. welcome to the real world. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home