Sunday, August 27, 2006

internship woes 2..

about two weeks ago, we were asked to take two weeks to ponder about what we wanted to do for internship. then, we would have to complete a personal fact sheet and return it to the lecturer in charge.

about a year ago, we were asked to fill up a snap survey about what we wanted to do- which according to the lecturer would have impact on our internship. how much truth there is to this, i don't really know- very much like the rest of the cohort.

honestly, if anyone were to ask me what i see myself doing 5 years from now( a question from the snap survey), i would say: copywriting, period.

( my reply in the survey, if i've not mistakened, was: take part in BT challenge, get more media attention than the rest of the crew. and work in the jobs which makes me richest the quickest.)

but you see, there's always the issue about making practical choices. it's easy listening to the little voice in my head. but what if that voice is wrong? should i listen to advice lecturers, friends (and anyone else willing to dispense advice) have been giving? in which case, there are contradicting advices coming from different individuals. which should i listen to? whom should i take seriously?

confuse as i may have been, i needed to fill in the personal fact sheet. i went through all the advice, and tried my best to arch a path out of my confusion.

i don't know how wise my decision has been. but it's already submitted. and for one moment in my life, i'm happy to have had so many people who tried to influence my decision in one way or another. because apart from confusing me ( a lot), they helped make my decision making process simplier when it came down to pure numbers.

so here's to another 5 weeks of holidays, 6 weeks of school, and hopefully an internship which would change your and my perspective on life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home