Wednesday, September 13, 2006

early morning conversations

early morning conversation with mommy goes like this:

mom: Results out today right? received email already?

me: yessss. stupid school suddenly become super efficient. sent me the email at 1.30 am.

mom: so how? you saw last night?

me: no... i just saw it..

mom: so how? up, down?

me: UPPP! WHERE HAVE I EVER LET IT SLIDE DOWN?! (note: we were referring to the GPA)

mom: so how? ISP got Distinction?

me: nooo.. i think doctor sheh and doris sensed i didn't want it la cos i gave this half-baked effort. but i'm happy that i didn't get it.

mom: why? i thought you want?

me: are you sure it's me and not you?

mom: so how? upset anot?

me: are you talking about me or my supervisor?

mom: both lor.

me: aiyah, don't know la. you go and ask her yourself. but i IS very happy. and i'm going back to bed. good night.


she subsequently kept opening and closing the door of my room until i had no other choice but to wake up.. mothers are such pains sometimes!!!

-

early morning conversation with von goes like this:

von: siao la you crazy woman get so high. checking now. i damn scared can. (note: another talk about grades.)

me: oh and i didn't get any AD this semester. twice already!

von: you never get AD meh? i thought you did eh.

me: but i is HAPPY even though i didn't get it.

von: thanks for waking me up this early.. i thought it's 2.30pm already.


i swear it was totally unintentional. imagine if we did check our results at 1.30am. we wouldn't have possibly slept a wink last night.

on a totally irrelevant note, i think i'm beginning to successfully delude myself. otherwise how could i be so happy not getting an AD?! (well, anyone would kill to get better grades right?) either that, or all the talk about "there's more to life than grades" and "you will come to realize that grades aren't everything" are all finally working.
-

early morning conversation with jaime goes like this:

jaime: so how's your results?

me: liddat lor. like i smsed you. eh, aren't you supposed to be working?!

jaime: oh entire office is out so i can use phone. hahaha

me: ...

how smart, 吃蛇 (loosely translated as "eat snake". a popular chinese term referring to a person who is skiving.) i hope this conversation is recorded so his employer knows that he behaves like a sneaky domestic help.

-

now that everyone is finally out of the house, no one's going to stop me from falling back to sleep! happy happy joy joy..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home