Thursday, February 03, 2005

Main entry: Blas.phe.my
Pronunciation: 'blas-f&-mE
Function: nounInflected
Form(s): plural -mies
1 a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God
b : the act of claiming the attributes of deity
2 : irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable
new word of the week. I was looking at sth Joan sent out. quite interesting. I think most of us are at times guilty of this as much as we may claim to be religious and all.
oh yeah, i remembered this line from somewhere, maybe someone told me. pple choose to look at others how they refuse to look at themselves.
I totally agree with it. We constantly criticise pple for their imperfections, yet we fail to look at ourselves and see ourselves that way. I guess it's myopia, cos we don't get to see ourselves from an 'outside' point of view.
I guess at times we need to reflect on ourselves, even to the point of being brutally honest. Dont need to elaborate I guess one should know.
Anyway, time to get off.
~puerility still exists~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home